Haiti 2014 – B&W
My very first time visiting the place my family hails from, the first black republic, the only colony to gain it’s independence by rebellion. I stayed with Prosjekt Haiti, a non-profit which runs two schools one in Delmas, Port au Prince, the capital of Haiti, and one in St. Louis du Sud, a more rural part of Haiti in the South. They also have after school programs and summer camps that focus on the arts. I ended exploring both places and her are some things observed and experienced:
- eating food that is pretty much what organic is supposed to be,
- observing people who make do with minimal materials things or hardly any
- seeing the curiosity yet reserved nature of little kids around foreigners like me.,
- being called “blanc” which it’s literal translation means white but is the word used for all foreigners.
- Haiti has such a complex past and present and should be doing better than it has